"What Am I?" riddles provide a unique way of request ane to think outside the box. The answers usually are non easily discerned and require some challenging thinking. In this article, we have "What Am I?" riddles for kids and adults. We besides have a list of hard "What Am I?" riddles to really examination your riddle solving ability. The article ends with a collection of fun "Who Am I?" riddles for a change of step. After you see how many you can answer, test your family, friends, and co-workers for fun and laughter.

Tabular array of Contents

  • one "What Am I?" Riddles for Kids
  • 2 "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults
  • 3 Hard "What Am I?" Riddles
  • 4 "Who Am I?" Riddles
    • four.1 Related Posts

"What Am I?" Riddles for Kids

"What Am I?" riddles for kids demand to be easy enough a child can probably make a reasonable guess, merely still provide a challenge. Also, kids like to laugh, then our choice of "What Am I" riddles is designed to elicit laughter also.

  • I have lakes but no water, mountains just no stone and cities but no buildings. What am I?

    A map

  • I am always hungry and volition die if non fed, only whatever I touch volition before long plow red. What am I?

    Fire

  • I am easy to lift but difficult to throw. What am I?

    A feather

  • I become answered even though I never ask a question. What am I?

    A door knock or doorbell

  • I'm light as a feather, still the strongest man tin can't hold me for five minutes. What am I?

    Your breath

  • I do not have wings, but I tin can wing. I don't have optics, simply I will cry! What am I?

    A cloud

  • I am bought by the thou simply worn by the foot. What am I?

    A carpet

  • I have no life, just I can die. What am I?

    A battery

  • I go around all the places, cities, towns, and villages, but never come inside. What am I?

    A street

  • I volition always come up and never get in today. What am I?

    Tomorrow

  • When the water comes down, when it rains, I go up. What am I?

    An umbrella

  • I plough one time, what is out volition not get in. I plow again, what is in will not get out. What am I?

    A key

  • I speak without a oral cavity and hear without ears. I have no body but come alive with wind. What am I?

    An repeat

  • I am moisture when drying. What am I?

    A towel

  • I can fill a room, but I take up no infinite. What am I?

    Light

  • I run, notwithstanding I take no legs. What am I?

    Your nose

  • No matter what, I come up to you round, floating upward, floating down. A single pop, I'm on the ground. So comes your unpleasant frown. What am I?

    A bubble

  • I am the only identify in the world where today comes earlier yesterday. What am I?

    The dictionary

  • I have a long neck, am the name of a bird. I am on cargo of ships. I eat but am non alive. What am I?

    A crane

"What Am I?" Riddles for Adults

When 1 hears the phrase "adult sense of humor," i might think of sex, drugs, and stone and roll. However, our "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults is a collection of humour not designed to make you blush, merely to challenge your riddle solving abilities. See how well yous can answer these and so share them with your friends at a political party or other get-together.

  • I am ever on the dinner table, only you don't get to eat me. What am I?

    A plate

  • I am often following y'all and copying your every move, nonetheless y'all can never touch on me or take hold of me. What am I?

    Your shadow

  • With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing strength I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?

    A stapler

  • People accept stepped on me, only not many. I never stay total for long. I have a dark side. What am I?

    The moon

  • I am ever running, only never go tired or hot. What am I?

    The refrigerator

  • I have a head much smaller than my long neck. People who play with me pick at me and that'south fine. What am I?

    A guitar

  • If you take away one hand, some will remain. What am I?

    Handsome

  • Y'all can play me with cards, but don't fire me, residual glasses on me or walk beyond me. What am I?

    A span

  • Halo of h2o, natural language of wood, walls of rock, long take I stood. What am I?

    A castle

  • People make me, save me, alter me, raise me. What am I?

    Money

  • The shorter I am, the bigger I am. What am I?

    A temper

  • I make a loud sound when I'chiliad changing. When I exercise modify, I get bigger, but I weigh less. What am I?

    Popcorn

  • It can be said: to be gold is to be good; to be stone is to be cypher; to be glass is to be fragile; to be cold is to be cruel. What am I?

    Your centre

  • I accept keys, but no locks. I have space, but no room. You tin can enter, but tin can't get inside. What am I?

    A keyboard

  • I am the merely vegetable that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form just fresh. What am I?

    Lettuce

  • My outset is in chocolate, but not in ham. My second is in cake and as well in jam. My tertiary at tea-time is hands found. My whole is a friend who's often around. What am I?

    A cat

  • I add lots of flavour and accept many layers, but if you lot get as well shut, I'll brand yous cry. What am I?

    An onion

  • I don't accept eyes, ears, nose, and natural language, simply I tin see, smell, hear, and taste everything. What am I?

    A brain

Difficult "What Am I?" Riddles

Hard

Hard riddles provide a challenge because they either have longer clues which take a few moments to read and call back about, or they take an unexpected answer. Our list should really crusade even the best riddle solver a few that seem unsolvable.

  • I am a word of five letters and people consume me. If you remove the beginning letter, I become a grade of energy. Remove the first two and I'm needed to live. Scramble the last 3 and you can drink me. What am I?

    Wheat, estrus, eat, tea

  • My name seems harsh, but I am still and silent. You are supposed to swallow me, simply some display me. My proper name is not easy to practise to me because I am hard on the outside. What am I?

    A squash

  • Information technology's good to stretch me and push my limits. The more you employ me, the stronger I become. When I am sharp, I'thousand at my all-time. What am I?

    Your encephalon

  • I run, but I don't walk. I baste and drop, but I tin can't pick myself up. You have to consume me and sometimes I surround y'all. What am I?

    Water

  • I sound like I could cutting you, but I'chiliad actually quite comfortable. I can be light-green or yellow. I can be stiff or soft. I am a friend to bugs and also blank anxiety. What am I?

    A blade of grass

  • I have a stem, but I am not a flower. I accept a pes, merely I cannot hop. Children are too young to hold me. What am I?

    A vino glass

  • I can be open up or closed, or big or pocket-sized. I tin reveal the truth or hide it. I am almost ever welcome and can spring upwards unannounced. Anybody has one, but not everyone shares. Laughter comes afterward me. What am I?

    A grinning

  • I am round equally a sphere, but and so you make me something else. I am i hundred yards long, or even longer. What am I?

    A ball of yarn

  • Yous tin touch me, but I can't touch you dorsum. You tin can see me, but I but reflect you and tin can never reject yous. What am I?

    A mirror

  • I can travel at most 100 miles per hr, but never leave the room. You lot tin can cover me up, simply that doesn't slow me downwards. You will not know if I come merely once or again and again and again. What am I?

    A sneeze

  • Many times, yous need me. The more and more you have me farther, the more and more than you go out me behind. What am I?

    Footsteps

  • The one who makes me does non need me, when he makes me. The one who buys me does not utilise me for himself or herself. The one who uses me doesn't know that he or she is using me. What am I?

    A coffin

  • I don't accept money, though I practice accept banks. I feed others, though I don't swallow. Cross me if y'all can, I won't be mad. What am I?

    The oral fissure of a river

  • Take abroad my outset letter, and I still sound the aforementioned. Take away my last letter, I still sound the same. Even have away my letter in the middle, I will still sound the aforementioned. I am a v-letter give-and-take. What am I?

    Empty

  • I accept no bones and no legs, merely if you go on me warm, I will soon walk abroad. What am I?

    An egg

"Who Am I?" Riddles

Now effort a change of footstep with some other type of questioning riddle. Our "Who Am I?" riddles, as the proper name implies, usually, but not ever, involve guessing a person.

  • Half of me will mend, the other one-half will imprison. When I am together, I will poison. Who am I?

    Hemlock

  • Our dinner guests weep that we are evil, when they notice their identify in the meal. But it's no big deal. We are only one large happy tribe that gets real fed up with people! Who are we?

    Cannibals

  • A man who lives in New York legally married three women. He did non get a divorce, an annulment, or legally divide. Who is he?

    He is a minister.

  • My starting time four messages depict all living things. My last v letters are another word for knight. My job is to save you, and I'm a fan of water. Who am I?

    A lifeguard

  • I craft crowns of aureate and bridges of silver. Who am I?

    A dentist

  • I carry a lot of secrets, happy or sad. I drive or walk to my destination rain or shine to make sure I give you lot what is truly yours. Everything that I bring with me is destined for only for ane place which is decided in advance. Who am I?

    A mailman

  • I can help a minor, I can assistance a senior. I can have care of you, and no matter what your mood is, I always requite you a happy face up. I probably won't give y'all whatever communication, but I am always grateful when you requite me tips. Who am I?

    A waiter/waitress

  • I wash, cut, and shave a dozen times a day yet I notwithstanding take lots of hair. Who am I?

    A barber

  • Sometimes you are relieved to see me, and other times y'all run from me in fear. Sometimes I terminate you and sometimes I let you go, only whenever yous need me, I am ever a quick call away. Who am I?

    A police force officer

  • I am small, have wings, and carry a weapon. I target people and in one case I do, they're commonly glad I did. February is the month in which I announced the nearly. Who am I?

    Cupid

  • I have wings and a wand. When yous lose something and leave it under your pillow, I leave y'all a prize. Who am I?

    The Tooth Fairy

  • I grew upwards outside society. I am wild, my voice echoes throughout the jungle, and nature is my playground. Who am I?

    Tarzan

  • My start is a very uncomfortable country,
    In cold weather information technology by and large abounds.
    My second's an instrument formed of difficult steel,
    That will cause the stout foe to stagger and reel,
    And when used, is a symptom of hate.
    My whole is an author of greatest renown,
    Whose fame to the last day of time will become downwards.
    Who am I?

    Shakespeare

Nosotros hope y'all have enjoyed our chosen "What Am I?" and "Who Am I?" riddles. We think we accept found some of the all-time ones out there. Plus, one unique feature of this type of riddle is that they are easy to call back, and then you tin share them with family and friends. Have fun and riddle on!